The overall aim of this project is to help ensure that the rights established in the Victims Directive are operating in practice. It will achieve this by assisting the EU Commission in its own assessment of implementation as well as providing national stakeholders with evidence of the state of implementation in their own countries.
The project has been designed to overcome the following problems:
- Lack of existing, current research on the practical implementation of the Victims’ Directive.
- Lack of an EU wide analysis of practical implementation.
- Lack of a comprehensive analysis covering all articles of the Directive.
- Lack of evidence base to carry out a practical analysis in all countries and relating to all articles of the Directive.
- Insufficient understanding for certain articles as to what constitutes sufficient implementation.